International Teacher Recruiting Consulting Search Services
We Can Help You With Your International Teacher Recruiting Needs
Halladay Education Group serves international schools by providing strong faculty candidates who have outstanding academic skills, a wide range of experience, as well as the enthusiasm and personal characteristics to serve as role models for students in Grades PreK-12 in a variety of educational models.
Our candidates are rigorously screened. Once a candidate's application has been accepted HEG works with the candidate to secure a placement. We contact the candidates to determine whether there is mutual interest and a good "fit" between them and the school.
Most of the schools that contact HEG fall into the category of international schools. There are over 1000 such schools in over 100 countries. The language of instruction is normally English, but some offer a bilingual program. Fluency in another language is not usually a job requirement. The K-12 curriculum is often based on a North American or British model, with adjustments to host country requirements as necessary. Many of the schools are accredited in the USA, Britain, or Canada. For most, the academic year begins in August or September; a few schools in Latin America operate on a January-November calendar.
Students in these schools can represent as many as 60-80 nationalities or be almost entirely host country nationals depending on the setting and purpose of the school.
Salaries and benefits, cost of living, and composition of the teaching staff all vary widely. While a few schools are able to pay attractive salaries, many people teach overseas for personal and professional enrichment rather than "for the money." The best way to compare compensation is on the basis of how much you will be able to save, rather than how much you can earn.
Why Teach Overseas
Advantages of teaching overseas:
- Over 900 K-12 overseas American, Anglo-American, British and international schools worldwide
- Teach abroad in first-rate, private international schools with excellent faculty and facilities
- Excellent, tax-free salaries (in most locations) for overseas teaching
- Teach abroad in English - no foreign language necessary
- International (multicultural) student body
- Small class sizes when teaching overseas
- Opportunity to save significant funds from overseas teaching
- 5000 teaching overseas vacancies each year
- K-12 teachers of all subjects recruited to teach abroad from the US; UK; Canada; Australia
- Gain international experience
- Become part of a team of innovative, creative educators enjoying the experience of the overseas teaching adventure.
- See the world - the pyramids of Egypt, the Great Wall of China, the rain forest of Venezuela!
Most schools provide the following benefits:
- Housing/housing allowance
- Round-trip transportation/travel allowance
- Health/life/accident insurance
- Pension funds
- Annual home leave
- Free tuition in excellent schools for family members
As a result of increasing interest in teaching overseas, HEG seeks certified teachers with at least two years of full-time elementary or secondary classroom experience. Some places are reserved for inexperienced teachers, with priority given to BC-certified candidates. Teacher candidates from other provinces or countries without two years experience are welcome to apply and will be accommodated as space allows.
If you are interested in our private school search services and would like to receive written material about HEG, or would like to discuss your particular needs, please contact HEG directly to find out more about our services. You can set this up by sending an email to email@example.com or calling directly at +1-800-687-1492. We invite you to continue browsing our website.